Welcome to Shubo Wang's research group!
We are a theoretical research group interested in general wave physics including
- If you are looking for a PhD, Postdoc or RA position, please contact Dr. Shubo Wang .
- 10 Jun 2020 Mr. WO Kah Jen received a Master offer from Delft University of Technology (Netherlands). Congratulations!
- 10 Jun 2020 Mr. Krishna Prasad Madhava received a PhD offer from Newcastle University (UK). Congratulations!
- 29 May 2020 Mr. Wo Kah Jen received the FYP Awards and Best Poster Award. Congratulations!
- 01 Oct 2019 Microwave absorber's performance approaches the theoretical limit: "Broadband microwave absorption by logarithmic spiral metasurface" is published in Scientific Reports.
- 20 Sep 2019 Rotation induced gauge field in optics: "Gauge-field description of Sagnac frequency shift and mode hybridization in a rotating cavity" is publish in Optics Express.
- 01 Sep 2019 Mr. Yang Zheng, Ms. Tong Qing, and Ms. Cheng Yuqiong joined our group as PhD students. Welcome!
- 18 Aug 2019 Dr. Wang delivered a Keynote Talk "Photonic momentum effects in artificial microstructures" at the 12th International Symposium on Photonics and Optoelectronics (SOPO 2019).
- 10 Aug 2019 Mr. Zhang Chengzhi joined our group as a PhD student. Welcome!
- 01 Aug 2019 Mr. Li Zongpu is admitted to University of Munich. Congratulations to Zongpu!
- 11 July 2019 Prof. Lei Zhou visits our group. Welcome!
- 22 May 2019 Mr. Wo Kah Jen and Mr. Krishna Prasad Madhava received the Best Poster Award in the departmental annual symposium. Congratulations!
- 17 May 2019 Our work about arbitrary order exceptional point is highlighted by "Frontier Research and Breakthrough" newsletter of CityU: “Exceptional point” achieved with photonic resonators paves way for development of ultrasensitive optical sensors.
- 28 Mar 2019 Prof. Mathias Fink visits our group. Welcome!
- 31 Jan 2019 Arbitrary order exceptional point leads to ultrasensitive sensor: "Arbitrary order exceptional point induced by photonic spin-orbit interaction in coupled resonators" is published in Nature Communications.
- 09 Oct 2018 Chirality gives rise to negative optical torque: "Mechanical effect of photonic spin-orbit interaction for a metallic nanohelix" is published in Optics Express.
- 01 Sep 2018 Ms. Peng Jie joined our group as a PhD student. Welcome!
- 28 Jul 2018 Dr. Wang delivered a Keynote Talk "Acoustic spin-redirection geometric phase" at 2018 Joint Annual Conference of Physical
Societies in Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area.
- 25 Jul 2018 Effective medium theory and optical force density in bianisotropic metamaterials: "Closed-form expressions for effective constitutive parameters: Electrostrictive and magnetostrictive tensors for bianisotropic metamaterials and their use in optical force density calculations" is published in Physical Review B.
- 17 Jul 2018 Experiment confirms the electromagnetic stress distribution in parallel-plate cavity: "Measurement of mechanical deformations induced by enhanced electromagnetic stress on a parallel metallic-plate system" is published in Physical Review Letters.
- 22 Jun 2018 Our work about acoustic spin-redirection phase is highlighted by "Frontier Research and Breakthrough" newsletter of CityU: Discovery of spin-redirection phase of sound wave.
- 15 Jun 2018 The chiral behavior of state evolution in Non-Hermitian systems depends on the starting point of encircling: "Dynamically encircling exceptional points: In situ control of encircling loops and the role of the starting point" is published in Physical Review X.
- 19 Mar 2018 Helmholtz stress tensor provides better prediction of optical force density inside random metamaterial: "Electromagnetic stress tensor for amorphous metamaterial medium" is published in Physical Review A.
- 16 Feb 2018 Twisting sound gives rise to geometric phase: "Topological transport of sound mediated by spin-redirection geometric phase" is published in Science Advances.
- 10 Jul 2017 Our group website is launched.